Xizi Luo was born in Chongqing and raised in New York City and Toronto. Her photography draws from her experience as a child immigrant and includes themes of migration and globalization. Her works have been published by the International Organization for Migration, where she interned at the Ghana country mission of, and Echo100Plus, an Austrian refugee NGO in Greece. Her regions of focus are Africa and the Middle East.
Xizi holds a Bachelor of Science from Babson College and has studied abroad for a year at The London School of Economics. She is a graduate of the Claude Watson Visual Arts Program at Earl Haig Secondary School.
Xizi is a recipient of the Outstanding Youth Delegate Award at The Youth Assembly at the United Nations.
Xizi is grateful to the following organizations for funding her experiences:
- Government of Canada International Youth Internship Program
- London School of Economics Student Union Travel Fund
- Babson College Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Babson College Undergraduate Professional Accelerator Fund
- Babson College Glavin Global Fellows
- Babson College Honors Program
She encourages youth who are interested in pursuing careers in international development or journalism to seek funded internships from their home governments and academic institutions.
Xizi currently works and lives in Montreal.